Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Third Chemo Cycle

Thank you to all the friends and family for the encouraging feedback about my blog. It is easy to put your private thought out into cyberspace anonymously, but quite another thing to give friends and family access to those thoughts and feelings, so again , thank you.
I recovered quickly after the removal of the port and last week was my off chemo week. For the last four days of that week I felt better than I have since this whole saga began. Still tired but coping well. Yesterday I started my third chemo cycle, the usual process, the 3 hour IV then started on the twice a day chemo tablets. I was prepared for a week of feeling completely wiped out, but I am fine. No nausea, reasonable energy level, I am amazed I feel almost normal. Only problems are disturbed sleeping patterns, but I don't mind being an insomniac as much as sleeping for 12 hours a day, and the electric tingling in my fingers and hands. The sensitivity to cold on my hands and feet has actually increased. Compared to how I have felt the last few months this is preferable for now, but I am not sure how I would cope if I developed a permanent neuropathy, the feeling lies halfway between uncomfortable and painful, I have never felt anything like it before and is hard to describe. For now I am guardedly optimistic

1 comment:

Doug said...

Roanna, Thank you again for sharing your journey. Jane and I are thinking about you often.

Doug