Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ahhhh Coffee

Thoughts of coffee were in my mind as I woke. That's me getting back to normal. I like dark roast coffee made in my stainless steel espresso pot. I like the slight bitter taste of dark roast but have a little milk to smooth out the edges. I've not felt like coffee for weeks and now the desire for it is most welcome. I once, ages ago, wrote a poem about coffee. You may think it an awful, amateurish poem, while I don't care, I promise not to impose further poems on you.
This doesn't have a name, perhaps
"An Ode To Coffee" (laughing here) that too is progress.

Aromatic coffee bubbling
Its fine seductive scent into the air.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
Coffee is as coffee does.
Dark roast, ground fine.
I used to grind my own
but the noise was so jarring
in the morning,
before I'd had my coffee.
When the eruption is almost spent,
open the lid.
The dark rich liquid oozes thick and syrupy.
As the last escapes from the lower chamber
The shiny little dragon hisses
and demands to be poured.


I feel good today, it is warm and feels like spring. I've had no pain pills and my head is clear.

No comments: