Saturday, May 17, 2008

AOK

It is a chilly, sparkling Saturday morning here, I got up just after sunrise and have been sitting here sipping coffe and contemplating my future. Yesterday after the colonoscopy when the doctor came into recovery, with patient folders under his arm, looking relaxed, I knew. It was the same doctor who, a year ago, gave me the news that I had cancer. He was smiling and said , everything looks good, it's all clear, I will see you in 12 months.

So here I am thinking about seeing my grandkids grow up and hoping I get to dance at their weddings. When I think about all that I have been through and where I am now and I ask myself , was it worth all I went through, and the answer is YES! I have always said that if I had a recurrance of cancer I don't think I would do chemo again, but from where I am now, I finally get it. I finally understand that clinging to life, doing whatever it takes to see one more sunrise.

The view from my kitchen balcony.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a joy to read this posting. I'm really glad about it.

Take care...
A.

Doug said...

Roanna, I am so thankful for your health, and good news after the colonoscopy. Thank you for the beautiful photo from your window too.

Doug